Today I will be writing a full review on the Sonia Kashuk Perfecting Luminous Foundation.
I got this from Target last week and have used it twice already. Lately, I've been home and so I haven't found the need to put on makeup as much.
FYI - I have a medium skin tone as well as yellow undertones and so I purchased this in the shade #04 - Buff.
- Pump and cap is good for sanitary purposes.
- Foundation is in a hard plastic tube so you can't see how much product you have left nor squeeze any product out.
- Can be applied with your fingers or with a brush (I find this personally works best with a flat foundation brush)
- Applies on smoothly and does not set into any creases
- Blends well
- Be very careful when dispensing this product! Personally for me, the first time I used this foundation I pumped out one whole pump and that was way too much for my face. So I only use half a pump worth of product. You should test it out a few times to see how much you need or desire to use.
- I always use a setting powder (Ben Nye Banana Luxury Powder) or a setting spray (Skindinavia No More Shine Makeup Finish - Oily Skin Formula) to set my entire face and so with that being said, this foundation has good staying power but it may be because I used something to set it. Makeup lasts all day (8am to 8pm).
- Finish and Consistency:
- This foundation has a natural and dewy finish to give you that luminous look (just like what the product says). If you want a matte finish, you can set it with powder. The foundation feels nice and light on my face, not heavy or mask like at all (which is an A+ in my book!). I must also mention that I have combination skin, and so throughout the day, I only blotted once (I was out all day in 95 degree temp.) so considering the weather, that's not bad at all.
- Is it worth it?
- Compare to spending $12 + on other drugstore foundations or $25 + on high end foundations I've tried, YES this foundation is absolutely worth the money! It is $9.99 (before tax) for 0.6 fl oz. (17 ml). I definitely think this is a winner in my makeup stash compare to all the other foundations I have.
- Most of my other foundations have a slight chemical scent to it which I am not fond of (who isn't right?) But this foundation has a nice sweet but light apple pie scent which is absolutely delicious! I usually do not like scented beauty products on my face unless it is a lip balm but this foundation is an exception!
Overall, on a 1-5 scale, I give this foundation a 5. I really love how this does not weigh down my face nor there is no cakey-ness whatsoever. This feels so natural on my face that I would honestly forget that I was wearing foundation! The shade is a perfect match for my skin tone so that is a definite plus (so I don't have to waste time mixing anything to get the perfect shade). The Sonia Kashuk Perfecting Luminous Foundation is a big winner in my book.
Here is a before and after picture of me without and with the foundation on (don't mind my chapped lips! lol!)...
|Matches my skin tone perfectly!|
I hope that this review provided the info you needed on this foundation! If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comment box below!