Today I want to go over with you my thoughts on the Rimmel London Fix & Perfect Pro Primer in #002. I had purchased this from Target a while back and have been wearing it for a few weeks now. I think it's time for me to put in my final verdict on this dear little thing!
As some of you may already know from reading my previous posts, I've been on the hunt for a face primer that won't put a dent in my wallet. I've been hesitant to try out too many products in fear of messing up my face (it's become super sensitive as I'm getting older).
So how do I determine what product to buy to bring home to actually try out? I just swatch the product at the store (there will be already opened containers/tubes and so I'll swatch it from there to get a first impression to see if it's even worth my time to buy and try).
I've had my eye on the NYC Smooth Skin Perfecting Primer and was about to buy it when I saw that all NYC products were BOGO half off but stopped myself because of the shimmer that's in it. I'll save that for another post though. Let's get down to the primer I have on hand!
Also, I just want to mention that I'll be referencing the Smashbox PhotoFinish primer as comparison to this primer.
Just for reference, I am a sensitive/combination girl!
- "Foundation glides on more smoothly, more evenly and wears longer. Or wear alone for an all-day fresh and even complexion.
- Smoothes to minimize pores
- Resurfaces for an even complexion
- Brightens skin all day
- Mattifies and eliminates shine
- Protects skin from environmental aggressors"
- The above info came from the Rimmel London website for this primer.
- This primer comes in a standard squeezed tube.
- You get 1 fl. oz./ 30ml
Texture & Consistency
- Unlike Smashbox's PhotoFinish Primer, this primer is a white cream. It's not runny nor thick, it actually reminds me of hand lotion.
- It doesn't have that silicone feel like Smashbox's Primer.
- I use my fingers to dab the primer onto my face, working on one small area at a time.
- Not greasy nor slippery when applied.
- Goes onto face nice and smooth (the perfect canvas for makeup application!)
- You have to wait a minute to let it set. This primer dries into your skin and you don't feel that layer of primer on your face like how you would with Smashbox's.
- Foundation goes on so smoothly and doesn't settle into fine lines, etc.
- This primer makes my face smooth and even.
- There is no oilyness or shine - it actually does mattify my face and also gives my face a brighter complexion (probably because of the very very light shimmer specks in the product).
- The left side has no primer, the right side is primed.
- Kept my makeup on all day long (12 hours).
- I only blotted once during the day (which is actually normal for me).
Is it worth it?
- For about $7 (U.S.D.), this is an amazing face primer! I really like this product a LOT. And for a fraction of the price of higher end primers, this is definitely worth the money.
- If you are an avid makeup junkie like me who likes to wear makeup on the daily and want to spare the hurt from your wallet, definitely consider giving this primer a try!
|After I applied primer. Really posted this up because I LOVE how those little arms are in the pic with me =)|
Have you tried this primer out? If you have, what are your thoughts on it? Like it? Love it? Hate it?
What's your favorite drugstore makeup primer?