I was at Nordstrom and asked for a sample at the Smashbox counter. Here is a synopsis on what the Smashbox Camera Ready CC Cream offers:
"Makeup with the benefits of skincare? Yes, please! This color-correcting cream is a game-changer with its proven ability to visibly lessen the appearance of dark spots, sun spots, and post-acne marks instantly and over time. The advanced, lightweight formula neutralizes and brightens skin for a more even complexion, while it primes, perfects, protects with SPF 30, moisturizes, and controls oil. CC the difference!"
This particular CC cream comes in five shades: Fair, Light, Light/Medium, Medium, and Dark.
I asked for a sample of the Light/Medium shade.
- I used my fingers to apply the product to my face. I think using a brush will just waste product (since I'm using a sample size, I want to make it last as much as I can... What? I'm cheap, don't judge me, lol jk!)
- I did not use a primer or a setting spray, the first time I used the CC cream. I wanted to test out the product all by itself.
- This cream dries fast, so I suggest you work on one area of your face at a time.
- The second time I did use a face primer (Rimmel London Fix & Perfect Pro).
Finish and Consistency:
- This cream has a thick consistency, and so for me, a little goes a long way. The sample I received is in a tiny container and I've used it a few times already and I've barely put a dent through it. So this sample size will last me a while =)
- Because of the thick consistency, this cream reminds me of a foundation? Maybe that's just me... lol
- This CC cream does even out my skin tone (I have some slight discoloration on my face) which I really like!
- I've also noticed my skin is brighter as well which is really nice for my dull, sensitive skin.
- Without the help of a makeup primer or setting spray, this CC cream has amazing staying power! It stayed on my face all day long, no smudging or transferring.
- I did not need to blot or touch up my face during the day.
Is it worth it?
- You can purchase this from Smashbox, Nordstrom, Sephora, or wherever you can get a hold of Smashbox products.
- You get 1 fl. oz. for $42 (U.S. before tax).
- YES! I think that this CC cream by Smashbox is worth the splurge. The product does its job! However, since I'm so budget restricted, I may shop around for a drugstore cream to try. If I can't find one that suits my needs, then at least I know where I can go to grab one of these baybays up!
What are your thoughts on a CC cream? Have you tried this particular one by Smashbox yet? Let me know what you think! Any recommendations is welcome!