I am so excited to finally get to share my two cents on this palette with you! There was a lot to swatch but I manage to successfully swatch this whole palette (28 eyeshadows, 4 gel liners, 5 blushes, 1 bronzer, and 2 highlighters) in one day (had to break it into two sessions lol!).Let's get right to it! I'm sure you're eager to know the breakdown of this gorgeous palette!
- This palette is a nice and sleek compacted book. It's a nice size that you can put in your purse to take with you when you're in a hurry to get out the door.
- Inside of it, there's a nice sturdy plastic case holding all of the cosmetics in place. This is a huge plus because it's easy to clean excess product.
- There's also a plastic cover on each side that sits over the products with the names printed over each shadow, etc. (Good to have so we know what shade we are using!)
- The shadows, blushes, bronzer, and highlighters are very soft and smooth. They are all highly pigmented and blends effortlessly.
- The gel liners are of a creamy consistency and so it glides on smoothly and easily.
- Please note that when I swatched this entire palette, I did not use a primer or any kind of product to use as a base (so there are a few swatches where it looks washed out but I'm confident that they aren't bad colors, it just happens to blend in with my skin tone lol).
- I should also note before you view my swatches that I don't have a digital camera to take my pictures. I use my Samsung Galaxy S4 to take all of my pictures that you've seen on my blog thus far. Later on, I hope to invest in a nice professional camera =)
|Linen, Nectar, Champagne, Vanilla, Golden Orchid, Peacock, Flamingo, Ambient|
|Chestnut, Mocha, Java, Serpent, Flirt, Mist, Parfait, Opal|
|Dusk, Rose, Amethyst, Anchor, Haze, Obsidian, Aubergine, Ultramarine|
|Bliss, Wheat, Sable, Blackout|
|Bronze, Midnight Purple, Picasso, Caviar|
|Carnation, Flush, Geranium, Rosy, Suntan, Warm Apricot, Lens, Shimmer|
- The durability of this palette overall is excellent. It is nice and sturdy. Just handle with care =)
- In terms of longevity wear, ever since I discovered face and shadow primers, I NEVER start putting on makeup without it, so I know that all of this products in the palette will last me all day long.
- Finish and Consistency:
- The colors are soft, smooth, and vibrant! You can definitely build up the colors to wear when you go out at night.Some shadows are matte and some have shimmer in it. The shimmered shadows are not too shimmery so it's not overwhelming. It's actually very soft and subtle to just give your eyes that nice gleamy look =)
- Two eyeshadows that stood out to me because they were a bit disappointing. Parfait and Opal are matte shadows but when I was testing them, they were chalky. Hopefully when I actually wear them, I'll have a change of heart.
- Is it worth it?
- In my opinion, yes this is worth every dollar! I absolutely adore this palette! It is so versatile, you can wear many looks that can take you from day to night! The quality is superb. Definitely consider picking up one of these pretty babies at Sephora ($59 U.S. before tax) before they are gone because this is a limited edition item. I was contemplating over this palette for a long time and I'm so happy I bought it because it was a very worthy splurge <3
Here's a small snapshot of me wearing the shadows! I used Champagne, Flamingo, and Ambient (sorry my camera and lighting wasn't so great).
|Lid: Flamingo, Crease: Champagne, Outer Corner: Ambient|
What's your favorite makeup palette?