Today I want to share with you all my thoughts on the Olay Pro-X Advanced System. I got this from Target in June and didn't think to write a review about it until friend Jackie at FiveTwo Certified asked me to do one because she was shopping around the many wonderful cleansing systems out there and I told her I have the Olay Pro-X!
"Is it time to rethink your daily cleansing routine? Designed by a team of dermatologists along with Olay, the Advanced Cleansing System is as effective as a system sold by skin professionals for nearly $200.* Professionally and clinically designed to cleanse 6 times better**, the Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System also sets your skin up for supersonic anti-aging moisturization."
- I bought this back in June so I don't have the box anymore (sorry!) or else I would have taken a picture of the box for you to see. I remember buying this when it was on sale for $24.99 (it's originally $29.99)! Keep an eye out for sales at Target or Walmart!
- The cleansing brush I purchased is pink (it's a limited edition color, I'm not sure if it's still available). The standard brush is white but of course I got pink because that's my favorite color! =D
- The package includes a 2-speed brush, 1 soft bristle replaceable brush head, and an Exfoliating Renewal Cleanser (20 ml).
- I love the fact that this brush is water proof and can be use in the shower if you're in a hurry.
|Top button is the Power button. Bottom button is to change the speed.|
- I gave my Mother-in-law the cleanser because I only use Clearasil's Daily Face Wash. I refuse to use any other cleanser because of this: I started having really bad acne issues when I was in the FORTH grade! Since then, I've devoted my entire life to Clearasil. Another story for another time, if you're interested =)
- The brush looks lightweight, with the batteries in, it gives the cleansing brush some weight which makes the brush very sturdy and you can maneuver this around easily!
- Also (my husband has been encouraging me to do little videos to show demos, but I'm still hesitant to do so lol) - what I noticed about the brush is how it spins. So there's five circles of bristles that makes this brush. I've been pressing it and have been playing with it over and over because I have bad eyes and want to make sure I'm seeing this right, but the four outer circles spin one way and the tiny fifth circle in the very center spins the opposite way. This would be perfect timing for a little video demo to show yall (sorry lol)!
You can click on the pictures to enlarge it to see the details of the brush. Right picture is what the back of the brush looks like.
- Dampen facial skin and brush head lightly with water.
- Dispense cleanser in your hand and massage over face.
- Turn on cleansing brush and gently move around the face for approximately 60 seconds.
- Make sure to avoid the eye area!
- Rinse face and brush head with water.
|Sorry for this blurry picture!|
- I really like this cleansing brush a lot! It makes me face feel squeaky clean!
- Now to warn you, I've done some research and have heard about people's experiences with a 'purge' phase. I am not a skincare expert but with the research I've done, 'purging' refers to where your deep cleansing brush brings up the dirt and impurities within your skin out, thus causing you to break out.
- From what I've gathered after reading many people's experiences, if you use the brush daily, you're more likely to break out more often. For those who used their brushes minimally, like in my case, I've always use this once or twice a week TOPS, so I seldom get any breakouts. I'll get a pimple here and there after using this but that's all and it goes away in a day or so.
- Aside from the few pimples I get after using this brush, my face truly does feel deep clean!
- This brush exfoliates the dead skin off and so I'm left with a nice and even texture.
- I just want to scream YESSSS through this screen to you but I know you wouldn't appreciate it so I'll be nice and say yes indeed! lol! It retails for $34.99 (U.S.D. before tax) and you can find this online or at your local Walmart or Target. Like I said before in the beginning of the post, I got mine on sale for $24.99 (U.S.D. before tax) so keep an eye out for sales if you're interested!
- I absolutely love how this makes me face so soft and smooth after using it! I like to use this once or twice a week. I prefer to exfoliate on a Friday night or Saturday morning to get rid of the week's worth of buildup, impurities, etc. If I do exfoliate twice a week, I'll do it on a Wednesday in the middle of the week to help clear the gunk out of my face. Do you have preferable days on when you exfoliate? Please share with me in the comments below!
- I am aware of the popular Clarisonic and I do believe in taking excellent care of your skin however, I'm not keen on paying the price for it personally. Why? I know many people invest heavily into skincare products because of their current skin issues. I don't want to jinx myself, but I really don't have much skin issues besides worrying about what the future holds for me lol. My main concerns currently is uneven skin tone and seasonal changes. This Olay Pro-X does its job perfectly well for me which is to exfoliate.
- I think that this brush is a great investment! You no longer need to keep repurchasing facial scrubs which adds up more than the cost of this brush alone throughout the year.
- Oh yes one more thing! There are replacement brush heads available of course by Olay. They come in a two pack for $9.99 (U.S.D. before tax). You should be able to pick these up at the store right next to the cleansing brush set!
For those who do not have a cleansing brush but are interested, I hope my two cents helped answer some questions that you may be wondering about. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!