When I saw the rose gold shades, immediately the first thought that came to my mind is "ugh, pinks!?!" Now don't get me wrong, pink is my most FAVORITE color of all time. On my eyes, it is not. So I already made up my mind that this palette is not for me personally and skipped out on the hype.
I can ramble on with how I feel about this palette but let's focus on the product itself. I want to be able to give you all a good review on this palette without having my feelings interfere.
"Choose from every finish imaginable: ultra-smooth mattes, gorgeous pearls and glimmering metallics. From the palest, shimmery pink to deep, warm black, these neutrals will make you want to get Naked all over again. Every shade features our Pigment Infusion System™, the proprietary blend of ingredients that gives each shade its velvety texture, rich color, serious staying power and blendability. "
- The packaging is similar to Naked 2 but of course a different color and design to reflect the rose gold theme.
- I do want to point out that Naked 3 is much easier to open than Naked 2. I don't know what it is but Naked 2 can be frustrating for me to open at times lol. Now I do appreciate it because it's hard for my tot to open but with Naked 3, I have to be careful and keep that far away from him since it is much more easier to open.
Texture & Consistency:
- The shadows are well pigmented, soft, and blends well. Nothing short of Urban Decay's shadows. The quality is all there.
- There are a few brown shades and a deep black shade in this palette but I feel that my three Naked palettes (Basics,1, or 2) provide more than enough availability to my needs.
- My personal issues are with the rose gold shades. I'm not a makeup professional and so I don't know how to use pink eyeshadows which is a factor into why I don't like pinks on my eyes.
Is it worth it?
- If you are into the rose gold trend, then yes I would say this palette is for you! However if you are like me, not liking to wear pink eyeshadows too much, then I would say skip it and stick with your Naked Basics, 1, or 2.
I personally am not feeling this palette. I've spent some time playing around with it, but the rose gold shades don't impress me.
I'll share something to laugh with you why I personally don't like wearing pink eyeshadows. I feel like I look as if I have pink eye when I've tried wearing it before, haha! Even though, these are rose gold tones (not straight up pink shadows), I find these to still be pink for me.
I don't plan to exchange this palette. My family have seen this palette and they LOVE it! They've asked me to keep this palette to use for them when they need their makeup done =) So I'll be keeping this palette to use on my "clients" lol and will also try to play some more with this palette on myself as well.