My sweet friend Lily (Beauty with Lily) gave us the heads up a month ago on what makeup trends to look out for this spring! Here are a few trends listed for you to see and do!
- Orange Lips *Lily's look
- Cobalt Blue eyeliner/ eyeshadow *Lily pairing with her orange lips!
- Gold shadows
- Rosy Eyes
- Smokey Lilac eyes
- Berry colored cheeks
- Red Velvet Lips
- Metallic eyeshadows *Jackie's look
- Chocolate Brown nail polish
- Navy Blue liner
Check out other Spring 2014 Makeup Trends below!
On to my Spring trend makeup look! I chose to work with a gold eye shadow. I paired the gold with green, one of my favorite eye combos, especially for brown eyes. I feel the gold/green combo makes brown eyes look bigger? To me it does anyway lol.
Ever since last week, I've been reaching for nothing but my Too Faced 'A Few of My Favorite Things' Palette! It's a very handy dandy palette because I can contour and blush my face using just the items in this palette too! Cuts down on reaching for more products, especially when I'm in a hurry! You can check out my full review on this palette here.
Here's my FOTD details:
- Maybelline | Baby Skin Pore Eraser (T-Zone)
- Rimmel | Fix & Perfect Pro Primer #002 (all over face minus t-zone)
- Revlon | Nearly Naked Foundation | #150 Nude
- Too Faced | A Few of My Favorite Things | Sun Bunny (used as a blush)
- Too Faced | A Few of My Favorite Things | Chocolate Soleil (contour)
- NARS | Illuminator | Copacabana
- Anastasia Beverly Hills | DipBrow Pomade | Dark Brown (brows)
- LORAC | Behind the Scenes | Shadow Primer
- Too Faced | A Few of My Favorite Things | Honey Honey (all over lids)
- Too Faced | A Few of My Favorite Things | Evergreen (outer corner)
- Too Faced | A Few of My Favorite Things | Chocolate Milk (crease)
- Milani | Liquif'eye Eye Liner | Black (tightline)
- Urban Decay | 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil | Stash (waterline)
- MAC | Fluidline | Blacktrack (top lids/wing liner)
- Shu Uemura Lash Curler
- KISS | Ever EZ Lashes | #11
- Elizabeth Mott It's SO B!G Mascara
- Revlon | Lip Butter | Creamsicle
- NARS | Larger Than Life Lip Gloss | Gold Digger (on top of Creamsicle)
Everything listed above added up to = the face below:
This was such a fun collaboration! I'm usually not one who's great at following trends or trying to attempt something out of the box. I like to stick with what I know best thus my makeup look isn't dramatically different from what I wear when I do put on makeup. However, I plan to take on some more spring trend looks that Lily had found and will include them in upcoming posts!