I've learned that skincare is crucial to a flawless makeup application. Makeup can cover up/conceal your skin issues so much, so please don't skimp out on taking care of your skin! Random fact: Your skin is your body's biggest organ! Did you know that? If not, then you just learned something new today my friend.
Let's jump into the deets of what is all a part of my skincare routine! There are a few products not pictured above but I'll make sure to cover them below because they are what I reach for in an emergency!
Olay Pro-X Cleansing Brush with Simple Moisturizing Facial Wash
- If you've been reading my blog from the beginning of its time, you'll know that I already have a review on the Olay Pro-X Cleansing Brush, and if you didn't know, feel free to click on the link and my thoughts are there waiting for you to read and soak up all the info I've given about it =)
- I swear by Clearasil Daily Facial Wash for those who suffer from acne! I've used that cleanser since I was in the forth grade and it's been my life long best friend and still is near and dear to my heart. Clearasil saved my life throughout the rough years I suffered with acne.
- Even though I abide by Clearasil, I've switched my facial cleanser to a more gentle formula for my skin because I've noticed how drying Clearasil was to my face. As I'm getting older (turning 27 this coming April!), I noticed that I can turn the salicylic acid down a notch since I don't have any severe breakouts anymore. I'll reach for my Clearasil when I do see a pimple trying to make an appearance!
- The Simple Moisturizing Facial Wash is much more gentle yet effective, leaving my face soft and squeaky clean.
- Vitamin C has many benefits to your skin!
- With age, collagen production slows down. Vitamin C serums can help stimulate collagen production which can help reduce and prevent signs of aging.
- Vitamin C offers some sun protection! However it is best to still use in conjunction with your daily SPF product because it is not that strong. Vitamin C is also known to repair some signs of sun damage, such as discoloration and fine lines.
- Vitamin C serum acts as a natural bleaching agent which can brighten dark spots, hyper-pigmentation, or discoloration of the skin.
- I've used two different Vitamin C Serums and to be honest, they all have the same benefits and with my experiences, the same results! Feel free to browse and search for a brand that you are comfortable with, Google and explore! If you're still unsure, I have two reviews on two different brands that you can find here and here.
- I've been using this day cream on and off. Prior to this day time cream, I've used Naturally Lindy's Cellular Day Cream of which I do adore! But once I ran out of that, I switched to this pretty gem which was sitting in my beauty stash for some time
- For the past month, I've been consistently using the Mereadesso All-In-One Moisturizer and I'm still having mixed feelings. If anyone is interested, I'll be more than happy to post a full review on this =)
- +jackie leung over at FiveTwo Beauty recommended the Derma-E Hydrating Night Cream to me when I had told her that I wanted to incorporate a night cream into my routine.
- This is seriously amazing stuff! I remember the first night I used this, I was impressed to see how it made my pores less noticeable! Right off the bat, this night cream has been my all time favorite! I've tried a few different night creams in my skincare venture last year and find myself coming back to the Derma-E Hydrating Night Cream.
- It is a very super rich cream that hydrates and softens my face. I love the price of this cream too! Night creams can be so expensive but I've been ordering mine from Amazon for about $15 for a 2 oz. jar! This lasts me about 3 months (using EVERY night).
This is my HG lip balm. I love how this softens my severely chapped lips. I kid you not, I've got the worst chapped lips there are! I've come to grips that my chapped lips are a curse, nothing can save them. Unlike regular Chapsticks, lip balms, etc., Neosporin doesn't dry out my lips. I use this about 4-5 times throughout the day versus reapplying Chapstick every 20 minutes. That's a big difference to me =| lol
- I've tried and experienced many skin exfoliators and can honestly gush that NOTHING comes close to the Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion Skin Exfoliant!
- I forgot where I got my deluxe sample size but this baby has been lasting me for the past three weeks already! And if you're wondering if I plan to invest in the full size (it's got quite a price tag to it), YES I am and I will show it to you (on Instagram) once I get it!
- I've got a few dark spots and acne scars on my face and over time I just got comfortable and accepted that they weren't going anywhere. Dr. Brandt sure did come to my rescue because over the course of the three weeks of me using this exfoliant, my dark spots and acne scars are slowly lightening up/disappearing! YAAAASSSSSSS!
I love this clay mask by Freeman because it targets my horrendous pores! The Avocado & Oatmeal clay mask deep cleans and purifies pores. I can vouch that this clay mask does what it says! I love how soft this mask makes my face. The best part is that this mask is under $4!
When I first used this oil, I really disliked it. However I got use to the strong scent of this oil. I've heard so many great things about what tea tree oil has to offer and am so happy to have this on hand when I have a pimple emergency.
I have a full review on this oil, click here! =)
Along side all of these wonderful products to help my skin externally, I also do the following to help keep my complexion healthy:
- Drinking water! I can't stress enough about drinking water. Water is your best friend! It helps flush out all the toxins from within your body and keeps you and your skin hydrated.
- It is recommended to drink 8 (8 fl. oz.) of water a day. It sounds a lot but one bottled water is already 16.9 fl oz. so that's about four bottled waters to drink a day if you think it that way =)
- Drink green tea! Green tea is beneficial to your health in more ways than one. It's good for your skin, boosts your metabolism, aids in digestion, go ahead and google "benefits of green tea" and you'll be amaze to learn what more green tea has to offer! A cup of green tea is the first thing I've been consuming in the morning and it has also help me cut back on coffee!
- Vitamins! I take my Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and Biotin every day to encourage good health on the inside and out for myself.
I WOKE UP LIKE THIS
This is me, no makeup or anything, I literally wake up like this every morning lol
Excuse the designer bags! Lol, I'm still on the hunt for something to help treat my under-eye area. I'm currently using overnight eye masks, I've been bad and haven't been consistent with using this product every night but I will have a full review coming up once I finish using all of it!
What do you include in your skincare routine? I've been on the hunt for more anti-aging products, do you have an favorites or recommendations? Let's chat below!